- Very excited to be picking up @cadenmanson soon. Talk Monday night 6:30-8pm@ubcfa in @ubvs speakers series. See you there @ubtheatredance! 3 days ago
- Listening to christmas music in mall coffee shop while waiting for kid in mall movie: a unique form of torture. 1 week ago
- RT @csoghoian: Google's Eric Schmidt in 2009 NPR interview: One important reason we store user data to give it to the government. https://t… 1 week ago
- It's a gorgeous morning in Ithaca. Lovely time talking and dining with smart people last night and looking forward to grad seems today. 2 weeks ago
- Talk at Cornell – 11•19•2013 ift.tt/1dcgb6M 2 weeks ago
Author Archives: sbaycheng
As of October 2013, I’ll be abandoning this blog in favor of my main site, http:sarahbaycheng.net. In an attempt to simplify my digital life, I’ll be using that site for short-form writing, updates, and as the hub for my twitter … Continue reading
From the folks at contemporaryperformance.org: Applications for CPR Presents: Fall Movement November 7-9, 2013. All applications must be received by Monday, September 9th by 6pm. Center For Performance Research (CPR) invites applications from artists working within the various aspects of dance and performance … Continue reading
As a performance and media scholar, I should be in Edinburgh, Scotland right now. This year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival has some great examples of contemporary perfomance and media intersections including the Wooster Group’s Hamlet for those who haven’t seen it in … Continue reading
CALL FOR PROPOSALS – American Society for Theatre Research November 7-10, 2013. Dallas, Texas. Digital Methodologies in Theatre and Performance Studies Conveners: Debra Caplan, Harvard ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sarah Bay-Cheng, University at Buffalo ( email@example.com) This working session will bring together scholars working … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I’ve had any time to write here. The long radio silence is due to multiple travels, speaking engagements, writing deadlines, starting a new graduate program in Theatre & Performance, and launching the Techne Institute for … Continue reading
Even if universities may look well on the surface there is an increasing (and justified) concern that all will change soon. New data and analysis increase the anxiety that the current monopoly of higher education will be lost and just … Continue reading
If you’re attending the 2012 Conference for the American Society for Theatre Research Plenary #2, this post will make a lot more sense. Here is the audio file for the intertext. Enjoy!
I’m a bit late commenting on this, but I’ve been plotting this post ever since I saw the story over at hyperallergic.com about Marina Abramović’s plan for the Abramović Institute for the Preservation of Performance Art. Abramovicć’s plan is to … Continue reading
If you’re in New York, be sure to stop by the New School for a talk with Temporary Distortion. March 27 @ 6pm. Also, Newyorkland is now available to view at On the Boards TV.
This requires more commentary, but for now, here’s the overview from open-site.org. Via: Open-Site.org